This DSF, some of the world’s most talented street artists will be creating live visual treats at The Dubai Mall, for the inaugural Street Fest in partnership with the DTCM. To be hosted over 10 days from January 10th -19th, the Street Fest promises to deliver non-stop family entertainment, fun and wonder to the delight of guests.
The line-up consists of 22 extraordinary street acts from around the world including France, Italy, Australia, UK and Canada, performing over 500 live shows to bring the mall to life, both indoors and on the waterfront promenade. Showcasing a melting pot of dance, circus, art, comedy, theatre and more, these outstanding displays of artistry and talent will make the impossible seem possible.
Some of the must-see acts include:
• Strange Fruit – artists of this Melbourne-based performing arts company defy gravity using their trademark 5m tall sway-pole apparatus to surprise guests. Located on the waterfront promenade.
• Surprise Effect - a French hip hop and break-dancing crew, with each member having a unique style of dance; together they create a show that is theatrical, acrobatic, comical and moving. Located on the waterfront promenade.
• Theakre Von Zairno - direct from Western Australia, Theaker von Zairno is a storytelling aerialist artist who performs breath-taking stunts on a static trapeze using aerial silks. Located on the waterfront promenade.
• John Hicks - a charismatic painter who will amaze crowds with a repertoire of artistic oddities, including his legendary rapid fire, outsized paintings. Located in Grand Atrium.
• The Street Circus - a complete circus spectacle bringing together the best of street theatre and modern circus. Two award-winning artists perform over 100 tricks and stunts including acrobatics, hula hoops, handstands, contortion, juggling and more. Location near The Waterfall.
For the full schedule of The Dubai Mall’s Street Fest, visit: www.thedubaimall.com/dsf starting January 10th.
This DSF, shoppers can earn Skywards Miles on all purchases of AED 100 or more, plus get the chance to win 100,000 Skywards Miles every week with any purchase of AED300 or more in a day. To enter, shoppers can download The Dubai Mall app, link their Emirates Skywards account and scan in receipts.
Guests will also get to explore two brand activations, the Charlotte Tilbury™ Pillow Talk Beauty Wonderland until January 18th on the waterfront promenade where guests are invited into a pink fairground, complete with carnival games, beauty make-overs and a helter-skelter of fun.
From January 20th-26th, Cartier will host the Santos de Cartier exhibit as part of The Dubai Mall’s ART+ Series to celebrate the relaunch of the iconic luxury watch collection, also on the waterfront promenade. Set afloat on the Burj Lake, this awe-inspiring structure features exhibition rooms focusing on a sculptural Santos plane accompanied by 3600 multi-sensory experience.
DSF’s 'Shop the Night Away' event in partnership with ITP takes place on 16th January where 100 shops and dining outlets will be offering in-store events, exclusive offers and giveaways from 6pm to 12 midnight for one day only.
Finally, in a partnership with Careem, guests can up to 35% off their ride getting to and from The Dubai Mall during DSF by using the promo code: DSF19 (valid on the first 10 rides only, for a maximum of AED 25 per trip). Hurry and grab the offers before anyone else.
What: Street Fest @ The Dubai Mall
When: 10th-19th January 2019
Price: Free for all to enjoy
For more information, visit www.thedubaimall.com or call 800 DUBAI MALL (800 38224 6255)