People throughout the world are adapting to the ‘new normal’ and embracing staying home with family and loved ones. Jumeirah needs to bring a world of difference into your home and motivate you to carve out some ‘me’ time and focus on your health and wellbeing during these unique times.
#StayHomeWithJumeirah and be inspired by tips and advice from Talise Spa wellbeing team on practicing yoga at home. Take a deep breath, exhale and discover its advantages on both the body and mind –something that is needed now more than ever.
To get you started, the only ‘equipment’ required to practice yoga at home is a yoga mat, a bottle of water for hydration, and a towel.
Advantages of Yoga
· Yoga and meditation are a wonderful way to boost your immune system and improve blood circulation, which in turn relaxes your body, mind and soul.
· Adding yoga to your everyday routine can help calm and ease any anxiety.
· There are a number of useful breathing techniques in yoga practice, which can be used post-workout to bring your heart rate down, or at any time during the day.
Top Tips to Practice Yoga at Home
· Begin with 20-40 minutes yoga per day, before breakfast. This is a great time to practice Sun Salutations and be energised for the day.
· In the morning, drink a glass of warm water before your practice to activate your digestive system.
· Practice in a space where you won’t be distrubed during your flow.
· Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes.
· Focus on your breathing and implement slow, smooth movements.
· In the evening, meditation is recommended to wind down for the day. When the sun goes down, we need less energy and therefore this should be reflected in our yoga practice.
Tips to Practice Yoga with Families
· Simple yoga sequence with a focus on breathing.
· Laughing yoga is specially popular with children and families as it brings everyone together for a moment of light-heartedness.