Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 27 February 2019: Carrefour, which is operated in UAE by Majid Al Futtaim, yesterday inaugurated “Taste of Egypt” in partnership with the Egyptian Commercial Office in a ceremony at its hypermarket located in Mall of the Emirates. From February 26th – March 9th, the festival will celebrate the best of food that Egypt has to offer in addition to Carrefour’s long-standing relationship with the nation.
Customers can choose from over 100 products, including Feteer Meshaltet, Areesh Cheese, Egyptian Koshary, Alexandrian liver and more, all of which can be found at Carrefour’s fresh produce, bakery, deli and prepared meals sections with discounts up to 46%. There will also be tasting stands, live cooking demonstrations and promotions available throughout the campaign.
Several dignitaries from the Consulate General of Egypt in Dubai and the Egyptian Commercial Office attended the inauguration including:
• H.E. Dr. Younan Edward – Commercial Minister Plenipotentiary at Consulate General of Egypt in Dubai
• Wael Fathy – Charge D’affaires – Consulate General of Arab Republic of Egypt in Dubai
• Mr. Mohamed El Maghraby – Commercial Consul of Arab Republic of Egypt in Dubai
Representing Carrefour were:
• Hani Weiss, Chief Executive Officer, Majid Al Futtaim Retail
• Miguel Povedano, Chief Operating Officer of Carrefour UAE and Head of Operational Excellence at Majid Al Futtaim Retail
• Dr. Hervé Majidier, Chief Operating Officer for Carrefour Egypt, KSA, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain at Majid Al Futtaim Retail
Customers can experience Taste of Egypt for themselves at 28 Carrefour hypermarkets and select supermarkets across the UAE.