The Dubai Government Workshop (DGW) currently declared the conclusion of a training course, organized with a target to improve the potential of vehicle electrical system knowledge. The initiative falls in line with DGW’s efforts to empower and allows its staff to effectively contribute to making sure the efficiency and safety of vehicles and leading services, thereby aiding Dubai Government’s journey towards excellence. The FOUR-days training course focused on training DGW staff to attain a complete understanding in basic electrical theory and to demonstrate an understanding of vehicle engine control system diagnosis and control procedures.
By the end of the course, staff will be able to:
• Show an understanding of basic electrical knowledge and can calculate various formulas when required.
• Can diagnose ECM input/output signals with oscilloscope examples and demonstrates an understanding of them.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the engine’s sensors and actuators.
• Shows an ability to diagnose emission related faults.
• Confirms their ability in troubleshooting procedures and illustrates an understanding of the oscilloscope’s usage.
• Identify and demonstrate the use of correct diagnostic tools.
• Key Topics Covered:
• Volts, Ohms, Amps and Watt units.
• Ohm’s Law, Watt’s Law and basic electrical calculations.
• Parallel and Series circuits.
• Charging circuits.
• Parasitic current.
• Inductance and HT systems.
• The role of a sensor.
• The role of an actuator.
• Exhaust emissions and closed loop.
• Adhering to the highest international standards.
Furthermore, the workshop also centered on capacity building in the area of maintenance and repair and discussed advanced technologies and materials that are being used in vehicle electrical and electronic systems.
Fahad Ahmed Al-Raeesi, Deputy CEO of Dubai Government Workshop, affirmed DGW’s dedication to developing and implementing such integrated training programs to improve the skills of employees within its various departments and sections. Such initiatives form part of the Workshop’s efforts to move ahead on the path of excellence by providing leading services to customers according with the highest international standards and best practices, he added.
He further pointed out that enhancing the skills is an investment in human capital; and that the adoption of best practices and highest global standards by DGW to make sure the safety and happiness of customers support the nation’s efforts to make happiness part of an institutional culture.
Al Raeesi added: “We highly appreciate the dedication and commitment of our team in supporting our strategy to integrate innovation and technology to enhance the quality of fleet maintenance and management. This plays a significant role in supporting excellence pursued by the governments of both Dubai and the UAE. The initiative was an outcome of our fruitful cooperation with leading private sector entities, and we believe such partnerships enable us to further improve our employees' skills and knowledge by offering them with innovative learning experiences. This will assist us upgrade the quality of services offered by DGW keeping pace with the rapid technological advancements and thereby meeting the present and future needs of our clients to support the Dubai Government’s vision for excellence.”
The training course was held as part of a complete learning and development program for all DGW employees. The program was organized with the support of key private sector partner Alfuttaim, one of the leading family businesses in the region.