CoinEx Chain has favorably executed a scheduled hard fork upgrade named Atlantis at block heights of 4,545,600. Without generating any new token, this upgrade is created to enhance users’ trading experience.
As the first hard fork on CoinEx Chain, Atlantis has similarly upgraded and optimized some features of CoinEx DEX, making it much simpler for users to give tokens at a minimum cost. The important updates are as follows:
• Change the token length and issuance fees;
• Provide commissions as incentives for wallet App developers;
• Remove all restrictions on creation and revocation of general Market and Bancor Contract;
• Service fee will be charged according to the time that the order is actually stored on the chain;
• Enhance Bancor functions;
• The CET deposit address of CoinEx Exchange cannot be set as the withdrawal address for staking incomes;
• Push the amount of reward received by validators and delegators in each block;
• Several other improvements to facilitate the wallet and explorer development.
“Atlantis shows that we are steadily making headway to bring more functions and technical developments to CoinEx DEX. It also shows our dedication to make CoinEx DEX a truly decentralized exchange that can be used on a large scale,” stated Haipo Yang, Founder and CEO of CoinEx. “I’m always assured that DEX will become the cornerstone and greatly expand the boundary of the blockchain industry, as it realizes decentralized governance and operation, as well as license-free issuing and trading of tokens.”
In 2019, CoinEx Chain took the lead to unveil the world's first DEX public chain based on the Tendermint consensus protocol and Cosmos SDK on November 11, and the team will make constant effort to speed up the development of the CoinEx Chain ecosystem in the future.
In accordance to the CoinEx Chain development roadmap for 2020 which was declared earlier this year, the DEX Chain will be undergoing a second hard fork upgrade named "Jerusalem" in September. Another highlight of 2020 is the development of Smart Chain, which will assist to achieve the aim of programmable currency and support complex financial applications such as Defi.