Dubai, UAE, 22 January, 2019 − Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, announced today the Managed model of IronKey™ D300 Serialized (D300SM) encrypted USB Flash drive is now available. The IronKey has been developed keeping mind the potential beneficence of a fully-encrypted managed USB drive as an essential component in following industry standards and the strong data encryption of the D300 series. It is what makes this drive compliant for data storage under GDPR and the New York financial regulations.
IronKey D300SM requires IronKey EMS or SafeConsole® by DataLocker1 allowing central management of drive access and usage across thousands of drives. Either cloud-based or on-premises, it enforces drive-specific policies, such as password strength and retries limits, lets administrators remotely disable lost or stolen drives, reset passwords when forgotten and more2. This is the first IronKey drive that is supported on SafeConsole, allowing it to be used by customers who already have SafeConsole installed.
IronKey D300SM is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and uses 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption in XTS mode. The drive has a unique serial number and bar code on the drive itself, allowing network administrators to easily scan or read the code during any physical auditing or asset management, making the process more efficient and streamlined. Also, a virtual keyboard enabling users to enter a password with clicks of the mouse instead of using a physical keyboard, protecting against possible keylogging when using the drive on other computers.
“Introducing a Managed model of the Serialized drive under our award-winning IronKey D300 gives Kingston a more complete line of encrypted USB solutions for organizations of all levels,” said Pasi Siukonen, Technical Resources Group Team Leader, Kingston EMEA. “This is our first encrypted USB that is multi-platform compatible so current customers of either IronKey EMS or SafeConsole can easily add and deploy D300SM into their organization’s current workflow.”
IronKey D300SM is available in 4GB to 128GB capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information visit kingston.com.
Kingston IronKey D300 Serialized Managed Features and Specifications:
• Encrypted: With encryption, no one can access data that you have stored on the drive without knowing the password.
• Meet frequently requested IT requirements: IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and TAA compliant so you can rest assured it meets the most frequently requested corporate and government IT requirements.
• Easily manage thousands of drives: With IronKey EMS or SafeConsole you can centrally administer access and usage policies and easily manage thousands of drives.
• Unique Serial Number and Scannable Barcode: Time saver, simply read or scan the barcode, when deploying, when it is returned as well as during any physical auditing.
• Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1
• Capacity3: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
• Speed4: USB 3.1 Gen 1: 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
128GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
USB 2.0: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB–128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
• Dimensions: 3.06″ x 0.9″ x 0.47″ (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
• Waterproof5: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8.
• Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
• Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
• Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
• Minimum System Requirements:
o USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
o Two (2) free drive letters required for use
• Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x)
• Standard Drive Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x), Linux v.2.6x+ 6
• Managed Drive Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x)