Expo 2020 Dubai - Interesting Facts
Expo 2020 Dubai will be an open-to-all celebration - a showcase of human ingenuity, potential and progress. Reaching over over 173 days from October 20, 2020 - April 10, 2021, it is set to welcome over 190 partaking countries and millions of visitors from around the globe.
Expo 2020 Dubai will mark the first time a World Expo has been held in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia (MENA and SA) region.
The theme (Connecting Minds, Creating the Future) objects to build partnerships and inspire ideas that will forge the world of tomorrow. It is explored through three interrelated subthemes:
Unlocking the potential within individuals and communities to shape the future.
Creating a smarter and more productive movement of people, goods and ideas.
Growing opportunity while respecting and living in balance with the world.
Did you know?
• The Expo site is equal to more than 600 football grounds
• 25 million visitors are projected to visit Expo 2020 Dubai
• 90 percent of resources used for site construction will be used to create heritage buildings after the event
• Expo 2020 Dubai will have its own metro station, accomplished of carrying 44,000 passengers per hour, per direction
• Expo 2020 Dubai will offer over 60 live programs per day
• Expo 2020 Dubai is an open-to-all celebration, and is set to be the world’s utmost show of human brilliance and achievement
• 2020 will mark the first time a World Expo has been held in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region