In response to the Higher Committee of Human Fraternity (HCHF) calls to pray for humanity today, 14th May, humans of all races, colours, ethnicities, and nationalities stood collectively in an unheard of tournament to pray and supplicate to God for an cease to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to information and encourage scientists locate a vaccine.
From the very first second the HCHF introduced its remarkable initiative, the name received the blessing and support of the two most distinguished non secular leaders in the world; His Eminence Dr. Ahmed El-Tayeb, Grand Imam of Al Azhar, and His Holiness Pope Francis, Pope of the Catholic Church, and obtained the guide of a variety of kings, presidents, leaders, and main political, religious, and media figures from all the world.
Judge AbdelSalam, Secretary-General of the HCHF, held an online press conference on Monday, attended by using Monsignor Yoannis Lahzi Gaid, Personal Secretary of His Holiness Pope Francis, and Irina Bokova, Former Director General of UNESCO during which he introduced the important points of the initiative in the presence of nearby and worldwide media outlets.
Judge Mohamed AbdelSalam stated: “This aid for the initiative is clear proof that we can, mainly when addressing frequent challenges, put apart our disagreements under the banner of our human fraternity. Believing that our frequent human values is the using pressure for the HCHF’s participants to announce the name to pray, quickly and operate charitable work to rid mankind of this pandemic and its consequences.”
Judge AbdelSalam additionally introduced the launch of the official website of the ‘Pray for Humanity’ initiative (pray.forhumanfraternity.org), which will supply stay insurance of the day and will serve as a digital archive for this ancient day and future activities of the HCHF.
The HCHF was once established to put in force the humanitarian principles advocated through the Document on Human Fraternity and have interaction all spiritual and worldwide enterprises in this method to attain peace, coexistence, world citizenship and human fraternity.
The HCHF consists of a crew of influential figures of various non secular and cultural backgrounds and specialists in the fields of Inter-culture communication, interfaith speak and social coexistence:
• Cardinal Miguel Ángel Ayuso Guixot, President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue of the Holy See
• Professor Mohamed Hussein Mahrasawi, President of Al-Azhar University,
• Judge Mohamed Mahmoud AbdelSalam, Former Advisor to the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar and the Secretary-General of the Committee,
• Rabbi M. Bruce Lustig, Senior Rabbi at Washington Hebrew Congregation,
• Irina Bokova, Former Director General of UNESCO,
• H.E. Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of the Department of Culture in Abu Dhabi,
• Monsignor Yoannis Lahzi Gaid, Personal Secretary of His Holiness Pope Francis,
• Dr. Sultan Al Remeithi, Secretary-General of the Muslim Council of Elders,
• Leymah Gbowee, a Liberian peace activist and Nobel Peace Laureate,
• Yasser Hareb, Emirati Writer and TV Presenter
• Father Professor Dr. Ioan Sauca, the Secretary-General of the World Council of Churches.