For more than two decades, Jumeirah has been at the forefront of taking hospitality to new heights. We were there with you then, and we are here with you now.
As we each do our part to stay safe, Jumeirah needs to inspire you and bring a world of difference into your home. In doing so, Jumeirah’s very own KiDs Club team have rounded up some of their favourite activities to assist beat the boredom and make the day more fun for your little ones while enriching their capapbility and teaching them new skills.
From arts and crafts to circuit training and kid-friendly mocktails, be inspired by Jumeirah’s KiDs Club and create fun, lasting memories for all the family. #StayHomeWithJumeirah.
DIY card making is a fun way to get crafty and put a smile on someone’s face. With colourful paper, pens and even glitter, give your kids the tools to create cards for loved ones.
All you need
· Colourful pieces of card/paper
· Colourfulmarkers, pencils and crayons
· Optional: sequins, beads, pompoms, fuzzy pipecleaners, buttons etc.
· Create a ‘card making’ station on a table with all the materials laid out
· Help your kids choose who they will make the cards for
· Let their creativity shine!
Lego Building Competition
Lego games are great for creativity and help kids think beyond the “box set” mentality. For those looking for a challenge, we suggest building your favorite icons around Dubai at home.
All you need:
· Lego – that's it!
· Set-up a ‘lego building’ area (to avoid parents accidently stepping on stray lego pieces)
· Start the build! Either follow the instructions to make the perfect creation or let the imagination run wild and let you kids construct their own lego masterpiece
Stay fit and active with a circuit course at home for the kids. Circuit courses are a great way to integrate aerobic fitness with muscular endurance and flexibility activities, which can be recreated in your home environment. Circuit courses can also help to introduce new activities or to reinforce self-practice of formerly taught skills and movements.
All you need:
While equipment isn’t essential, you could use the following:
· Dining chair
· Jump rope
· Hula hoop
1. Set up 4-6 stations, with the goal for each child to spend 60 seconds at each station not including a 30-second rest in between. Station examples:
· Jump rope or jumping jacks (cardio)
· Step-ups on a dining chair (strength)
· Balancing on one leg (agility)
· Ball toss with a parent (coordination)
· Hula hooping (coordination, strength & cardio)
· Push-ups against the wall or on knees (strength)
2. Include a 5-minute warm-up such as high knees, jumping jacks and circle jumps in and out of a hula hoop
3. Set a timer for 20 minutes
4. Turn the music up and let the workout begin!
5. Include a 5-minute cool-down including stretches
Gather a cocktail shaker or two and shake up some fizzy fruity mocktails at home. Children will enjoy mixing their favourite flavours, adding fancy garnishes and of course, drinking them as a refreshing afternoon treat.
All you need:
· Fruit juices and cordials
· Garnishes such as lemon, lime and fresh mint
· Cocktail shaker
· Colourful straws and mini umbrellas
· Set-up a ‘mocktail station’ with all ingredients and equipment
· Allow the little ones to decide their ingredients such as flavours, garnishes and straws
· Shake (or stir) the mocktails before pouring into a glass
· Top with garnishes
· Help them name their mocktails – that's half the fun!
For more inspiration, stay connected via our social media channels and don’t forget to tag us in your posts while we all #StayHome.
#StayHomeWithJumeirah #DrawItWithJumeirah #GetFitWithJumeirah #CookItWithJumeirah