FIND JOBS IN UAE
Candidates must possess minimum 3 to 4 years UAE experience in a similar position in a 4 / 5 Star Property.nbsp
1. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generates and maintains customers of defined accounts / areas through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment)
• Maintains a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales, telephone, fax, and written communications.
• Ensures comprehensive & complete coverage of own portfolio covering all levels of accounts managerial & departmental executives for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity
• Implements & executes all sales objectives andnbspaction plans to reach and exceed targets set
• Solicits and serves transient and group business & meetings
• Formulates corporate offer letters and yearly contracts and any other required business correspondence
• Within established parameters, quotes and negotiate prices with customers for transient and group business
• Ensures that the response to any business request is actions within 24 hours
• Promotes & produces sales leads for Grand Excelsior Hotel outside of coverage area.
• Provides feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing / Director of Sales / Sales Managers on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his / her market areas.
• Arranges site inspections of hotel.
• Disseminates sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
• Maintains close communication with the Events Management Team in the negotiation process of their accounts.
• Attends all pre & post conference meetings, as required, arranged by the Event s Management Departmentnbsp
• Follow up with the Events Management Team after the post event meeting with Thank You calls and send Thank You Letter together.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established hotel policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
• Handles incoming calls and ensures messages are taken and details are forwarded to the person concerned
• Attends departmental and communication meeting as requested by Department Head
• Attends major events in hotel & city as requested by Department Head
• Closely monitors accounts revenue and business production of own corporate portfolio and that of any assigned Sales Executives.
• Maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
• Reviews direct competition and conducts regular research.
• Establishes and maintains files of major accounts and assists Senior Sales Manager in maintaining the accounts management system.
• Ensures that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
• Maintain an up to date account & contact database and details in property management system.
• Ensure comprehensive and up to date knowledge of properties unique selling points, features, amenities, services and policies.
• Where applicable, closely coordinate and communicate with outbound sales office with regards to accounts/markets that are serviced by Outbound Sales.
• Ensure that hotel Sales & Marketing Policies and Standard Operational Procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Receives processes and confirm guest room reservations made by clients on the phone, letter, fax,
• Email, Extranet & GDS.
• Understand the Call handling technique and comply the same as per the GEH.
• Understand & Implement the GEH Standards in Call Handling.
• Inputs all reservations into the computer recording all pertinent information and filing of the same.
• Attends to enquiries, complaints and requests regarding reservations.
• Remains up to date with all promotions in and around the hotel.
• Follows established procedures to process all room reservations, rates, confirmations, hotel facilities, etc.
• Maintains established filing systems of all correspondence.
• Collates and prepares reports as required by Revenue Manager/ Supervisor.
• Informs Revenue Manager / Supervisor of any special request relevant to reservation.
• Promotes and maintains good public relations and endeavors to maximize business.
• Maintains an accurate room status at all times.
• Carries out weekly inventory of current office supplies and prepares requisition accordingly.
• Up-sells whenever an opportunity is identified.
• Uses guest recognition skills effectively.
• Complies with hotel health, safety and hygiene policy.
• Should have all the information about the hotel and around.
2. General Responsibilities
• To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
• To attend the Training Classes organized by Training / HR Manager.
• To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
• To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
• To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
• To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulationsnbspat all times.
• To maintain Perfect grooming standard and uniform standards all the time.
• To keep the Leave Card up to Date.
• To keep the working Desk Clean & Tidy.
• To keep the office equipment clean and safe.
3 Occasional Responsibilities
• To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
• To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
• To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
• To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
• To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
4 Legal Responsibilities
• To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.