FIND JOBS IN UAE
Our client is looking for a procurement specialist with 5-8 years of experience in procurement in the Food and Beverages industry with experience in handling local and international suppliers.
Sourcing & Vendor Management
• Draft bid specifications and requests bid proposals from vendors.
• Supervise and direct purchasing functions such as product/service research, vendor selection, price and contract terms negotiation and purchase order completion.
• Prepare purchase estimates and Forecasts
• Purchase analysis/cost controlling
• Source products and raw materials at quality and cost standards consistent with company objectives.
• Develop an adequate vendor base for the concept through active scouting and negotiation/renegotiation
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers and negotiate the best deals with them for procuring Merchandise.
• Maintain contact with vendors; updated list of vendors for bidding purposes; attend product demonstrations, obtain samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and confer with end users.
• Identify, evaluate and select appropriate vendor mix to achieve business objectives.
Buying Budget and Planning
• Determine buying requirements and formulate buying plan and budget for the assigned department/category.
• Help meet the profit targets by ensuring timely procurement of the department/category Merchandise
• Pursue cost reduction measures through centralized bulk buying and/ or selecting appropriate vendor mix, scanning the market for benchmarks and constantly improving the purchase process
• Meet Buying Budget & inflow patterns as per the budget schedule
• Place orders based on the buying plan and ensure merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level Agreement.
• Implement financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximize profit and positively contribute to cash flow
• Track the merchandise transportation from supplier to the distribution centre and ensure the smooth flow of goods
• Follow the reverse logistics guidelines to send the faulty/damaged goods back to the vendor
Vendor and Product Research
• Identify and leverage alternate buying opportunities to source products and to ensure that the company maintains its competitive edge by constant renegotiation.
• Ensure effective communication, collation, and follow-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/store data.
• Keep abreast of the latest trends in buying and discuss the same with the department/category Manager from time to time to assess the realignment of existing processes.
• Gather information from Industry trade groups or through trade shows/market visits.
• Review and analyze stock/sales reports on a daily basis and understand the top sellers in each department/category/ group.
• To monitor inventory and ensuring sufficient stock holdings for each product/category/group/department.
• Effectively deal with fast/slow moving items/ranges and end of ranges and take corrective action on a timely basis.
Desired Candidate Profile
Ideal candidates will be currently working in the Fast Moving Consumer goods, food and beverages industry, frozen meat products etc. Hands-on experience in local and international sourcing a must.