FIND JOBS IN UAE
To support partners and fee earners in large construction disputes and in business development activities.
• Carry out case-handling work delegated by partners/Construction Associates
• Attend meetings with clients and third party consultants and take minutes
• Assist associates with the creation & maintenance of hard copy and electronic bundles/bibles/pleadings or arbitration files, client documents etc.
• Research tasks & prepare notes on findings
• Review documents for identification of relevant material
• Prepare Cash flow forecasts
• Prepare and update monthly the Arbitration Timeline Estimates, review billing guides and liaise with a relevant party in relation to invoices
• Prepare and draft Power of Attorneys, Letters of Engagement, Terms & Conditions etc.
• Supervise and manage the team's document controllers and liaise with different departments
Precedent systems/Dissemination of knowledge
• Keep up to date on, and verify the currency of relevant local laws, procedures and government department
Reporting and administration
• Coordinate group meetings, maintain the agenda and ensure that all necessary materials are available
• Follow up with the team to ensure appropriate actions are completed
• Enter time to be billed into Carpe Diem
• Arrange for and distribute translations as needed using Clyde & Co translation team and external translators where required
We are interested in candidates with:
• a graduate or post graduate qualification in law;
• have at least 2 years' experience working in a professional services environment; law firm experience desirable;
• excellent written and oral English skills;
• good communication and interpersonal skills;
• ability to work meticulously and have excellent attention to detail;
• ability to work independently; and
• strong computer skills with excellent word processing skills (e.g. Word and Excel).
Description of the work group
At Clyde & Co, we are committed to helping our clients succeed in the markets in which they operate, adapt their businesses to changing market developments and guide them through new territories as they plan for future growth. Our projects & construction group is widely acknowledged by clients as one of the best in the region. Our team is involved in contentious and non-contentious construction matters on major projects in the Gulf from concept to completion. Construction disputes and the management of arbitration proceedings is a particular strength of our projects & construction team.
We have a rich source of experience and credentials upon which we can call, both in the MEA region and more broadly as part of our global projects & construction team. Over the last 15 years we have created an exceptionally strong global projects & construction group, both through organic growth and through attracting leading lawyers in the sector.
Clyde & Co Overview
A pragmatic and dynamic international law firm with a focus on core sectors of health care, education, hospitality, infrastructure, insurance, international trade, natural resources and transportation. Clyde & Co is
recognised for its work in and with fast-moving and volatile emerging markets, and for a history of managing complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions and disputes.
From a network of 50+ offices and 3,600+ staff on six continents, we are on the front line for our clients' interests, all over the world.
Clyde & Co in the Middle East and North Africa
Clyde & Co's first Middle East office was formally established almost 30 years ago, following many prior years of client involvement in and with the region. Our regional offices work as an interconnected and cohesive unit in order to provide advice to clients from all over the world, as well as to regional corporate entities and governments, on their operations and interests throughout the Middle East. Our lawyers are supported by comprehensive in-house translation, government liaison, management and information services teams as we strive to provide first class professional service levels and insight to our clients.
We are one of the major international law firms in the GCC with around 200 specialist lawyers and paralegals, and 300 staff in total, operating as one unit across our regional office network:
• Abu Dhabi
We act as the first point of call for advice across the Middle East region for many of our multinational clients. Through our work across the region over the past quarter century, our market knowledge, experience and networks are second to none. We provide in-depth coverage of the firm's core sectors, as well as strong cross-practice sector teams in place focusing on regionally important sectors such as education, healthcare, and hospitality.