FIND JOBS IN UAE
The HSE Officer provides support, guidance and advice to the management on all matters of legal compliance regarding health and safety management. The individual will need to ensure that the organization meets the necessary JAFZA & USE legislative obligations. They will be required to continuously develop ways to improve the health and safety throughout the business. He / She ensures the development and implementation of organizational health and safety policies and training programs to making sure all Employees are adhering to the Company’s standards as well as those of our Clients.
• Provide support, advice and guidance to Company Management on all matters related to health and safety.
• Develops and executes health and safety plans in the workplace according to international standards, local legalization and project requirements.
• Develop and deliver training programs and campaigns to improve the culture of health and safety.
• Will be required to analyze practices and procedures to assess risk and adherence to the occupational health and safety laws pertinent to the Company’s places of work.
• Conducts and arranges internal and external training and presentations for health & safety matters and accident prevention.
• Monitors compliance to health & safety policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
• Inspects equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
• Investigates accidents / incidents to discover the causes to implement a system of non-re-occurrence of incident.
• Conducts and attends all required HSE meetings internally and externally
• Liaise with Clients and Consultants on all health and safety matters
• Recommends solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
• Reports on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
• Provides risk assessment in line with the developed method statement.
• Establishes permits to work and closely monitors work activities
• Identifies hazards and provide solutions to mitigate the associated risks.
Desired Candidate Profile
- UAE Driver's Licence holder
- NEBOSH IGC Certification
- OSHAD Certified
- First Aid and BLS trained and Certified
- Firefighting trained and Certified
• Energized and proactive work ethic
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
• Deep understanding of legal requirements for health and safety.
• Preferred over four (4) years of experience in health and safety.
• Valid qualification in occupational health and safety.
• Able to produce health and safety reports and other required HSE documentation
• Good understanding and knowledge of data analysis, risk assessment and problem-solving.
• High attention to detail and observation ability.
• Excellent organizational and motivational skills.