Kids’ Birthday Planning 101: 2 Awesome Abu Dhabi Venues and Party Theme Ideas
Children change their preferences almost every year. Some even “love” something different in just a few weeks’ time. This makes it extra challenging to decide where to have your child’s birthday celebration.
Of course, you still need to consider what they want when planning the gathering. After all, it can only be considered a success if the celebrator were able to enjoy every moment of it.
Planning your child’s next birthday party? Make this one extra special by choosing the best party venue based on your child’s favorite things to do in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). To make things easier, here are two Abu Dhabi venues you should consider, along with party theme ideas and some information you can use for party planning:
1. Yas Waterworld
Most children love splashing around and playing in the water, regardless of age. This makes Yas Waterworld a prime destination for families celebrating the birth of one of their own. Considered water’s greatest playground, Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi has over 40 rip-roaring rides designed with different degrees of thrill and fun. Some are designed for Young Fun (with relatively low thrill level for the young’uns), while others offer extreme Adrenaline Rush for older, more excitable teens.
Party Theme Ideas
Water-related party themes are abundant. All you need is to choose the most appropriate one for the occasion.
Below are some examples:
● Mermaid Party: Is your little girl celebrating her birthday this year? Dress her up as the little mermaid and have her friends join her on a magical “underwater” celebration complete with a virtual reality experience and exciting water rides. This theme is a perfect choice for kids aged three to seven, but you can also have your older guests feel
what it’s like diving for pearls at Yas Waterworld.
● Luau Birthday Party: If you’re celebrating a teenager’s birthday, a luau complete with tiki huts and flower garlands may just be the perfect theme. You can even set the dress code for your party guests to get into the spirit of the celebration.
● Beach/Pool Party: Sure, you’ll be doing it beside a wave pool, but what makes a beach party awesome is the food, the activities, and the people you enjoy it with.
The best part is that the famous water park in the UAE accepts group bookings for as many as 700 guests. The party package also comes with a dedicated events manager, an in-house audio-visual team, and a wide range of food and beverage options from the park’s in house catering.
Yas Waterworld is usually open daily, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. However, the park is temporarily closed from January 3, 2022 for some routine maintenance and enhancements. They will open their doors once more starting February 11, 2022.
How to Get There
Like other theme parks in Yas Island, Yas Waterworld is accessible via free shuttle buses from Dubai and service shuttles from Abu Dhabi via Route B. Once you arrive, you can also get to the major attractions on Yas Island via the Yas Express free shuttle.
2. Warner Bros. World
Superheroes and cartoon characters are two things people have grown to love through generations. If your child is among those who never fail to catch a new movie featuring Justice League heroes or binge-watch episodes of Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, and Tom and Jerry, then Warner
Bros. World Abu Dhabi is an excellent place for their birthday party.
Party theme ideas
Holding your child’s birthday party in Warner Bros. World narrows down your theme options by a lot, but that doesn’t mean you have very few to choose from. Quite the opposite. You’ll find that more ideas will come as you start planning for the event. Consider your child’s interest and favorite characters and dial down into one of the following awesome party themes:
● Superhero Costume Party: As the name implies, this party entails having the birthday celebrator and their guests dress up as their favorite DC superheroes. Make sure you decide on your child’s costume before sending out the invites, though. The last thing you want is to have the young guests dressing up as the same character.
● Egg Hunt Party with Bugs Bunny: It doesn’t need to be Easter for your child to enjoy the company of everyone’s favorite bunny. Join Bugs Bunny and the rest of the Looney Toons gang for an exciting egg hunt complete with awesome gifts and prizes.
● Back to the Future with The Jetsons Party: Combining the famous ‘80s Hollywood film and the Jetsons, dress the kids up as aliens and humans from the future for this intergalactic party theme. You can even pretend to have time travellers in your midst.
● Scooby-Doo! Themed Party: Let Scooby-Doo and the rest of the gang at Mystery Incorporated make the day more interesting for your child by unmasking ghouls, zombies, and ghosts. This theme is perfect for birthdays around October and November as it can double as a Halloween costume party. Warner Bros. World offers group bookings, catered in elegant meeting rooms for a maximum of 10 people, or in gala spaces for up to 1,500 guests.
An events manager will handle all the personalized party preparations for you, with the help of an in-house audio-visual team. You can even pick among the dining outlets within the park, including the Starlight restaurant.
The park is open from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. from January 1 to 31, 2022, but keep an eye out for updates on their official website for any change in the timings. On January 28, 2022, the park is open from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m., then reopen at 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for their exclusive ladies event, “Women of Warner.”
How to Get There
Like Yas Waterworld, you can take the free buses and Yas Express shuttle to get to and around Warner Bros. World. You and your guests can also drive by car via the following routes:
● Via Sheikh Zayed Road south towards Abu Dhabi on the E11 highway from Dubai.
● Via the Al Raha Beach Highway (E10) or the Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Highway (E12) from Abu Dhabi.
Once you get to Yas Island, simply follow the blue signs that say “Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.”
Celebrate and Create Lasting Memories Birthday celebrations are some of the most cherished memories your kids will have of their childhood. Make sure they have fun on their special day and create wonderful memories with a well-planned birthday party.